Are you part of any social media communities?
Social media moves so fast these days. New social platforms come out, new features are released on existing platforms, algorithms change, and new information about social media strategy and social media marketing arise on a weekly, if not daily, basis.
There is almost no way to keep up with the chatter. Of course, we have some great sources to go to, like Social Media Examiner, Social Times and multiple social media influencers, but is there a way we can have all of that information curated for us and make 1-on-1 connections with other people interested in keeping up with social media?
There is a way! Being a part of one or more social media communities can give you the chance to connect with others and stay in-the-know regarding what’s new in social media.
Social Media Communities: Let’s Get Real
If you aren’t already active in these or other social media communities, now is the time. Here’s why!
Joining one or more social media communities can enhance your:
- general knowledge of social media,
- ability to stay current with social media news,
- chance to influence others who are in the same space or a similar space as you are,
- opportunity to connect, network and possibly even work with other professionals
There are so many social media communities available to us nowadays. Below you’ll find six of my favorites across six different platforms so that you can go where you feel comfortable:
- Membership site
- Facebook Group
- Slack Community
- LinkedIn Group
- Twitter Chat
Let’s check out the goods!
Last season, it was $40/mo (cancel anytime). We’ll see what they come up with this season! If you want to get on the list, head here so you see the very first iteration of pricing when the Society opens next.
- Group forum where you can chat with other members or ask questions.
- You’ll receive live monthly trainings by the Social Media Examiner staff.
- An archive of training sessions
- Access to the Social Media Examiner experts
The Social Media Examiner has a very strong following. They are the first really strong social-media focused company who has had years in the industry. Because of that, they are seen as the folks who know social media, and their content is all must-read.
The members of the Social Media Marketing Society are a range of people from just beginning in social media to people who have kept up with social media changes for years now.
Because of the confidence they have in Social Media Examiner, the Society members tend to be dedicated, interested and active.
The Society only opens a few times a year, which means that you’ll have to put your name on the waiting list here. There also isn’t a free version for you to enjoy if you aren’t ready to pay monthly.
- This is a Facebook Group comprised of social media influencers, business owners, marketers and folks who just love the study of social media. Because of this, some great networking can occur.
- Your voice can be heard. Feel free to post social media news, questions or discussion topics.
- Join the conversation by responding to posts from others.
Although not all of the members are active, you’ll usually see several posts published a day by members, plus several comments on each post.