Spring always feels like a new beginning.
With March, we always start to get excited for spring and the warmer weather that will soon be coming to Northern Colorado. It’s fun to have our virtual team meetings (held via video conference) and see team members sitting outside on their decks or patios. And, of course, we always get excited as it gets close to camping season!
With spring, we wanted to bring some important and exciting changes to your attention. Please read on for March news from Road Warrior Creative, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We continue to enjoy partnering with our amazing clients and look forward to continuing to help businesses everywhere grow their online presence in the coming months and years.
Amber & Chris
and the Road Warrior Creative team
Important Terms of Service Changes
Road Warrior Creative, LLC is updating its Terms and Policies effective March 1, 2017 for all Clients.
Last week, we updated the terms and policies on our websites with an effective date of today, March 1st. It’s not easy to rummage through a long document and try to figure out what’s different. We know your time is valuable, so here is a short overview of the changes we made:
- Reorganized and reformatted to make policies easier to find.
- Added a General Definitions section to clarify some terms.
- Added a new section/policy on making changes to project scope.
- Clients now have 10 business days to test deliverables. (Was 5 days)
- Standard deposit for work has been increased to 50%. (Was 40%)
- Added new terms for invoices that are 90+ days past due.
- After two years without an increase, our standard rate has been changed to $90 per hour. (Was $85) NOTE: This will only impact new work after the effective date.
- Added a new section/policy for after-hours and weekend requests.
- Added a new section/policy for reinstating a cancelled project.
- Made improvements to the wording and formatting of the following sections: Intellectual Property Rights and License; Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Indemnification Obligations; Confidentiality; Time for Completion and Excusable Delay; General Provisions
- Added a new section/policy for when we make future changes
- Created an “Other Policies” section to the plain language page, which now includes an updated section/policy on communications and what information we need from you prior to the start of your project.
You can now find our full Service Agreement on our website to reference at any time, as well as a page that explains this document and our other policies in more “plain language,” which can be found here.
If you have any questions about the changes we have made to our Terms and Policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Free SSL For Everyone!
Having a website that is secured with HTTPS is becoming increasingly important, not only for the protection of you and your customers, but also as a ranking signals for search engines. Last December, we had the opportunity to hear from an Engineer at Google that they are working towards flagging all websites without HTTPS as “not secure” in the Chrome browser.
Because of our commitment to build websites that perform well in search engines and because of the prevalence of Chrome usage, we decided at the beginning of this year to provide free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates to all of our hosting clients, for every website.
SSL was previously an add-on service with an annual fee, but by the end of this week, every website that we host will be 100% SSL secured with no extra charge. Watch for the change on your website if you host with us.
Don’t host with us? Learn more about our hosting plans.
New Reports Dashboard for Clients
We’re excited to announce that our new reporting dashboard is finally ready for it’s big reveal! We have mentioned this individually to some of our clients and will be sending out login information this week.
The new platform, accessible at reports.roadwarriorcreative.com, will enable our marketing clients (those for whom we manage Google Adwords and/or social media profiles on an ongoing basis) and those at the expansion hosting package or above, to log into one centralized dashboard and view the success of online marketing efforts.
Information included in this dashboard will depend upon what we’re currently managing on a client-by-client basis, but may include data and analytics from: