We’re all concerned about Facebook views: How to get them and how to keep them. Well, the answer might be right in front of you: Facebook Live.
But, did you know that Facebook Live increases Facebook Views?
It was first only available to celebrities through Facebook’s app, Mentions, but now everyone has access to this feature that rivals Twitter’s popular Periscope.
The history of Facebook Live isn’t a long one, but it helps in understanding the thoughtfulness behind this new feature.
Let’s chat about:
- Why your company needs to broadcast, and
- How to start a broadcast
Why You Need to Use Facebook Live
(Hint: to Increase Facebook Views)
Facebook is known to love whatever they create. Who can blame them, right? They are pretty genius! When you play based on what Facebook’s new shiny object is, your Facebook views will increase.
After that, the hope is that these initial Facebook views will cause a snowball effect. If more folks are seeing your video, they might also meander through and engage with more of your posts. When Facebook sees this extra interaction, they will see that this follower is interested in your content and they might put your content into their News Feeds and the News Feeds of those who are in the same demographic.Facebook views via #FacebookLive can cause a snowball effect for your page. Click To Tweet
In addition to increasing Facebook views, using Facebook Live can bring humanity to your brand. Beautiful images, thoughtful quotes and funny quips only take you so far. Your fans want to see you. When they hear from you, they become closer to you.
Have you ever watched a show religiously and felt close to one of the characters, the host or one of the players? This is how you want others to feel about you. You don’t know them by name, but you want them to feel you are their friend.
How to Start a Broadcast
- Head to your iOS or Android Facebook app or the Facebook Mentions app (only for verified public figures)
- Start a Facebook post like normal by clicking ‘Publish’
- Click on the icon that has a person with 2 semi-circles / halos / rainbows over them
- Set-up. The first time you pop in, you might see two simple set-up screens.
- The one on the left tells you a bit about Facebook Live
- The one on the right guides you turn on your microphone
- Feel free to toggle with the privacy settings. If you’re just practicing, click ‘Only Me’, and have fun! These many privacy options are only available if you are broadcasting from your personal profile. When broadcasting from a Facebook page, the only option is to broadcast to the public.
- Flip the camera the way you prefer– either filming away from you or filming you– so the viewers immediately see what you want them to see as you start.
- Lastly, type in your enticing description and ‘Go Live’!
- Ending the Broadcast.
- When ending the broadcast, you have a couple of seconds to click ‘Cancel’ in case you stopped the stream in err.
- Once complete, you can toggle the switch to save your broadcast to your camera roll upon clicking ‘Done’
How to Use Facebook Live.
Let’s see it in action:
Alright, so I wasn’t broadcasting to anyone but myself in that video, but I’m hoping that walk-through helps you feel a bit more comfortable getting started with Facebook Live.
When Facebook is finished loading your video, it will choose a thumbnail to attach. You’ll likely want this changed, unless you enjoy stills of your mouth wide open or eyes half-shut!