Austin Food Marketing Meetup – How Research Can Help Your Food Marketing Strategy
March 3rd @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- This event has passed.
- 6:15-6:30 pm – Check-in and networking with other food brands
- 6:30-7:15 pm – Presentation: How Research Can Help Your Food Marketing Strategy – Robert J. Lewis, Ph.D
A broad overview of basic research methods accessible to food businesses, including small businesses. The talk focuses on the most common and useful qualitative and quantitative research methods, and how to overcome each technique’s individual disadvantages.
- How you can pinpoint problems with your marketing strategy, and what you can do to fix it.
- How you can use a variety of research methods using free computer tools.
- How you can use metrics and data from past marketing efforts to find patterns that will help with future strategies and efforts.
- Understanding what research is truly for can be 95% of the battle. We will review methods of research that can assist you, and introduce you to new methods that you may not have considered before.
About the Speaker
Robert J. Lewis, Ph.D. is a quantitative social scientist and software developer. His academic work in media psychology and entertainment has garnered more than 800 citations in his discipline. He has worked with multiple clients on various types of research problems, including Whatsmywine.com, Summery.ai, Crux Climbing Gym, Ruh Collective, and Continuity Care. Additionally, he taught analytics and research methods to advertising students for seven years at The University of Texas at Austin.
About Austin Food Marketing
Austin Food Marketing is an inclusive group of food product companies, retailers, and restauranteurs coming together to support and nurture the entrepreneurial food community in Austin, Texas. Our free meetups allow food business owners, executives, and employees – from startups and small businesses to large enterprises – to network with one another, while learning about and discussing marketing best practices.
The goal of this community is to accelerate growth of Austin-area food businesses and to nurture a culture of shared ideas, collaboration, and mentorship within the Austin food product community.
Austin Food Marketing meets once per month, September-June, typically on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm at the Capital Factory, 701 Brazos St Suite 150/1600 in downtown Austin. All meetups are free and open to the public.
Thank you to Capital Factory for sponsoring event space in 2020 for Austin Food Marketing. Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas. They meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers.