Accessibility & WordPress Websites
August 21, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Join Amber at a Georgetown WordPress Meetup event on website accessibility.
About Website Accessibility
Having an “accessible” website means that you have properly designed and developed your website (or chosen a properly developed theme) so that your website can be accessed and interacted with by people with disabilities, either temporary or permanent. For some businesses, government entities, or nonprofits, there are legal requirements to have accessible websites meeting specific guidelines. Not meeting accessibility requirements can put you at risk of a lawsuit or fine.
This meetup with cover topics related to website accessibility, including:
- Why accessibility matters
- Accessibility laws – who needs to follow them
- Accessibility best practices
- How to test if your website is accessible or has any accessibility issues
- How to fix accessibility issues if they arise
- WordPress specific accessibility tools/themes to take note of