Join Our Team
Immediate part-time freelance openings!
A Small, But Mighty Boutique Agency
Based in Georgetown, Texas, Road Warrior Creative is the marketing, design, and website optimization department for clients across the globe. Our team is made up of creatives and web experts located all over the continental United States, each of whom contributes unique local community experiences along with their technical talents. This geographic diversity is a strong asset as we work with clients not only from coast to coast, but also across the Atlantic and Pacific. Our small team prides itself on delivering a boutique agency experience with big agency results.
For anyone who works with us, we believe honesty and transparency are the cornerstones of any successful working relationship. Want to know exactly how we operate? Click here to view our open source employee handbook.
How do you want to spend your life?
There is a difference between “work” and “how you make a living.” We believe that joy can be found in work, but we also believe that there is more to life than work. For our clients, for our employees, for ourselves, Road Warrior Creative is a company that strives to improve lives.
For Our Clients
- We make the internet more beautiful and more balanced, one website at a time.
- We improve your customers’ experience and increase satisfaction as customers interact with your brand.
- We help build online marketing processes that make businesses more efficient and more profitable.
- Above all, we worry about about your online presence so you don’t have to.
For Our Employees
- We believe you can live anywhere and work everywhere.
- We value quality of work produced over hours clocked.
- We think work should be fun and each day should should bring new, exciting challenges. If you don’t like something, change it!
- We believe in work/life balance – family, happiness, health all come first.
- We love what we do and we wake up each day excited to get to work.
- We’re committed to creating a positive environment for ourselves and those around us.
- We never put profits above people, relationships, or self-care.
Knowledge is Power & we love to teach
Education and training are a core part of our services. Not every business wants to completely delegate their website work to an outside team. No one wants to be beholden to a web developer. We create tools that give control back to our clients – even without coding knowledge – and we happily include training on how to use those tools with each project and proposal.
- Want to change photos and text on your website? We’ll show you how.
- Want to learn CSS, HTML, or PHP to do larger modifications on your website? We can help with that too.
- Need to know SEO basics so you can optimize your own website? We have a training program on SEO.
All of our clients have full access to their website and files from the day the project is completed. We have many clients for whom we manage all the day-to-day basics of their online marketing strategy, but we’re also just as happy to hand off the keys and take a step back while you run the show.
We believe that placing education at the center of what we do empowers our clients, builds trust, and grows long-lasting working relationships.
We value our clients as individuals.
In every interaction, we strive to increase impact and add long-term value to our clients and their customers. Whether big or small, we consider each project to be the beginning of an on-going partnership.
- We want our clients to think of us as an extension of their in-house marketing and web department.
- We see ourselves and our clients as one team working towards one goal.
- Our clients’ successes are our successes and our clients’ disappointments are our disappointments.
We believe in always putting people first. We enjoy getting to know our clients and employees (face-to-face when possible), and place importance on shaping an experience that brings them back year after year.
The Internet doesn’t have business hours – and neither do we.
Customers don’t just visit websites between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Social media is 24/7. We know that our clients need their websites and online marketing strategies to work for them no matter what time of day or night their customers are online – whether on a computer or on a mobile device – and we have built our business around today’s 24/7 technology culture.
- We have some traditional business hours when our clients are guaranteed to reach us.
- We can also regularly be found answering client emails or launching new projects late at night or on weekends.
We believe that a business built on the internet has to be fluid and responsive. We believe in being available when problems arise, whether it’s at 2:00 PM or 2:00 AM. We also believe in taking afternoons off to watch a school play, Friday happy hours at a local brewery, and weekends camping in the woods. We value our partnerships and, whether we’re in the office or on the road, our team has you covered.
We are committed to making a difference.
We place priority on giving back to our community, both locally and across the U.S. We believe that businesses can only be successful when they are engaged in making the world a better place. We value the people and organizations around us, and are committed to giving back through teaching, mentoring, volunteering, discounted services, and donations.
How We Support Nonprofits
- We make regular cash donations to 501(c)(3) organizations, including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Allied Women Entrepreneurs, Girls Who Code, and Child’s Play.
- We provide a 20% discount to nonprofit organizations on all products and services.
- Every July, we build one free website for a nonprofit organization, nominated and voted upon by the community.
How We Support the Community
- We regularly attend local meetups, where we provide free website and business support to other designers, developers, and small business owners.
- We answer questions in online support forums related to WordPress and small business ownership.
- We share blog posts with how-to tips and relevant research.
- We volunteer teach a weekly entrepreneur club extra-curricular at a local elementary school.
- We believe in setting goals and meeting them.
- We believe in not letting a fear of failure hold us back.
- We believe in taking risks, trying new things, and taking businesses to the next level.
- We believe there can always be more, we can always be better, and our selves and our business can always grow.
Success Is Not Found, It’s Made
We believe that our actions can bring change, and we believe in inspiring others to be change agents in their businesses. We love working with clients who are committed to growing their business or nonprofit, and who understand there is no time better than the present. Changing a brand, improving a website, or increasing sales starts today.
Live anywhere. Work everywhere.
Our team is 100% remote!
We believe there is valuable experience gained by spending time in new markets.
Having a diverse geographic experience gives us a leg up on agencies locked to a single area. So far this year our mobile office has been parked in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and (of course!) our “home base” Texas.
We value quality of work produced over hours clocked and firmly believe in work/life balance – family, happiness, health all come first. Work should be fun and each day should bring new, exciting challenges. We encourage our employees to join us on the road, to travel and to have adventures while working from anywhere with an internet connection!
Road Warrior Creative is seeking a part-time freelancer
to fill our new Client Success Specialist role.
Client Success Specialists at Road Warrior Creative (RWC) bridge the gap between a junior web developer and customer support role. These individuals are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals. Whether troubleshooting a technical issue, answering a general question, recommending services, or lending an empathetic ear, Client Success Specialists intercept, organize, prioritize and resolve client support requests and other types of inquiries.
In addition to ensuring that our clients are meeting their goals, Client Success Specialists may be asked to assist with development on smaller projects and other tasks where strong communication and organizational skills play a key role.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Capable of learning new procedures and software platforms quickly
- Proficient in the use of WordPress
- Proficient in use of major web browsers and their developer tools, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and Sass
- Proficient in local environment development methodology and GIT version control
- Basic familiarity with PHP in the WordPress environment
- Basic familiarity with Browserstack, Zendesk, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Google’s G Suite Platform, Sketch and Adobe Photoshop, is beneficial, but not required
The ideal candidate for this position will have 1 – 2 years relevant experience, in a similar position at a company similar in size to Road Warrior Creative.
Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Be committed to thorough testing and eliminating all bugs. Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about them.
Always be looking for ways to improve the success of our clients and be open to sharing your knowledge with others. Actively look for ways to help people and create solutions that make their lives better.
Communicate well verbally and in writing. Enthusiastically participate in team and client communications in a professional manner. Respond well to constructive criticism.
Proactively identify ways to contribute to RWC’s core mission and projects. Take initiative and bring ideas to the team, completing projects with minimal need for micromanagement or oversight.
Good Time Manager
Possess strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/deadlines effectively.
Work well within RWC’s remote team, accomplishing tasks on time and as expected. Clearly communicate thoughts, needs, expectations, and availability.
A True Freelance Position With Room to Grow
As a freelancer, you can set your own schedule and availability. Compensation is expected to fall between $35 - $45 per hour, with an anticipated initial workload of 15 hours per week.
We anticipate that this position will transition to a full-time, salaried role within 90 days.
How To Apply
Fill out our application form below.
If we believe you may be a good fit for this position, we’ll contact you for an initial phone interview.
For this position, we’ll send a simple test to assess your knowledge of CSS/Sass, HTML, Basic PHP, local environment development, and GIT version control.
If your test results meet our standards, we will contact you for a second, more in-depth video interview. (Or in-person interview if you are in the Georgetown, TX area.)
After contacting references, we will send a formal offer for the position.
This position has been filled and we are no longer accepting applications. Thank you for your interest!