Join Our Team
Now accepting applicants for a full-time, 100% remote Content Specialist position!
A Small, But Mighty Boutique Agency
Based in Georgetown, Texas, Road Warrior Creative is the marketing, design, and website optimization department for clients across the globe. Our team is made up of creatives and web experts located around the world, each of whom contributes unique local community experiences along with their technical talents. This geographic diversity is a strong asset as we work with clients not only from coast to coast, but also across the Atlantic and Pacific. Our small team prides itself on delivering a boutique agency experience with big agency results.
Road Warrior Creative is a Certified B Corporation. For anyone who works with us, we believe honesty and transparency are the cornerstones of any successful working relationship. Want to know exactly how we operate? Click here to view our open source employee handbook.
How do you want to spend your life?
There is a difference between “work” and “how you make a living.” We believe that joy can be found in work, but we also believe that there is more to life than work. For our clients, for our employees, for ourselves, Road Warrior Creative is a company that strives to improve lives.
For Our Clients
- We make the internet more beautiful and more balanced, one website at a time.
- We improve your customers’ experience and increase satisfaction as customers interact with your brand.
- We help build online marketing processes that make businesses more efficient and more profitable.
- Above all, we worry about about your online presence so you don’t have to.
For Our Employees
- We believe you can live anywhere and work everywhere.
- We value quality of work produced over hours clocked.
- We think work should be fun and each day should should bring new, exciting challenges. If you don’t like something, change it!
- We believe in work/life balance – family, happiness, health all come first.
- We love what we do and we wake up each day excited to get to work.
- We’re committed to creating a positive environment for ourselves and those around us.
- We never put profits above people, relationships, or self-care.
Knowledge is Power & we love to teach
Education and training are a core part of our services. Not every business wants to completely delegate their website work to an outside team. No one wants to be beholden to a web developer. We create tools that give control back to our clients – even without coding knowledge – and we happily include training on how to use those tools with each project and proposal.
- Want to change photos and text on your website? We’ll show you how.
- Want to learn CSS, HTML, or PHP to do larger modifications on your website? We can help with that too.
- Need to know SEO basics so you can optimize your own website? We have a training program on SEO.
All of our clients have full access to their website and files from the day the project is completed. We have many clients for whom we manage all the day-to-day basics of their online marketing strategy, but we’re also just as happy to hand off the keys and take a step back while you run the show.
We believe that placing education at the center of what we do empowers our clients, builds trust, and grows long-lasting working relationships.
We value our clients as individuals.
In every interaction, we strive to increase impact and add long-term value to our clients and their customers. Whether big or small, we consider each project to be the beginning of an on-going partnership.
- We want our clients to think of us as an extension of their in-house marketing and web department.
- We see ourselves and our clients as one team working towards one goal.
- Our clients’ successes are our successes and our clients’ disappointments are our disappointments.
We believe in always putting people first. We enjoy getting to know our clients and employees (face-to-face when possible), and place importance on shaping an experience that brings them back year after year.
The Internet doesn’t have business hours – and neither do we.
Customers don’t just visit websites between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Social media is 24/7. We know that our clients need their websites and online marketing strategies to work for them no matter what time of day or night their customers are online – whether on a computer or on a mobile device – and we have built our business around today’s 24/7 technology culture.
- We have some traditional business hours when our clients are guaranteed to reach us.
- We can also regularly be found answering client emails or launching new projects late at night or on weekends.
We believe that a business built on the internet has to be fluid and responsive. We believe in being available when problems arise, whether it’s at 2:00 PM or 2:00 AM. We also believe in taking afternoons off to watch a school play, Friday happy hours at a local brewery, and weekends camping in the woods. We value our partnerships and, whether we’re in the office or on the road, our team has you covered.
We are committed to making a difference.
We place priority on giving back to our community, both locally and across the U.S. We believe that businesses can only be successful when they are engaged in making the world a better place. We value the people and organizations around us, and are committed to giving back through teaching, mentoring, volunteering, discounted services, and donations.
How We Support Nonprofits
- We make regular cash donations to 501(c)(3) organizations, including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Allied Women Entrepreneurs, Girls Who Code, and Child’s Play.
- We provide a 20% discount to nonprofit organizations on all products and services.
- Every July, we build one free website for a nonprofit organization, nominated and voted upon by the community.
How We Support the Community
- We regularly attend local meetups, where we provide free website and business support to other designers, developers, and small business owners.
- We answer questions in online support forums related to WordPress and small business ownership.
- We share blog posts with how-to tips and relevant research.
- We volunteer teach a weekly entrepreneur club extra-curricular at a local elementary school.
- We believe in setting goals and meeting them.
- We believe in not letting a fear of failure hold us back.
- We believe in taking risks, trying new things, and taking businesses to the next level.
- We believe there can always be more, we can always be better, and our selves and our business can always grow.
Success Is Not Found, It’s Made
We believe that our actions can bring change, and we believe in inspiring others to be change agents in their businesses. We love working with clients who are committed to growing their business or nonprofit, and who understand there is no time better than the present. Changing a brand, improving a website, or increasing sales starts today.
Everything we do is driven by our core values.
There is a difference between “work” and “how you make a living.” We believe that joy can be found in work, but we also believe that there is more to life than work. In every interaction, we strive to increase impact and add long-term value to our clients and our employees.
We believe in being available when our clients need us and doing our part to keep our online world running smoothly, without sacrificing the things that matter most. We also believe in being present for our families, taking an afternoon off to watch a school play, and weekends spent away from a screen.
We believe that our actions can bring change, and we believe in inspiring others to be change agents in their businesses. There can always be more, we can always be better, and we can always grow both personally and professionally.
Road Warrior Creative is seeking a full-time Content Specialist.
Content Specialists at Road Warrior Creative create and adapt content for use across the web and social media, measurably improving social media and search engine performance in support of both internal and client digital marketing campaigns.
Content created by our content specialists excites audiences, increases engagement, and positively grows the brand reputation for our clients and company. Responsibilities include:
- Drafting copy for blog posts, website pages, and email newsletters.
- Social media posts, scheduling, and engagement, including the creation of simple graphics.
- Content production planning across multiple platforms in support of established marketing strategy.
- Entering web page content in the WordPress block editor and Elementor page builder.
- Attending and assisting in the management of online webinars and meetups.
- Experienced copywriter. Proven track record of high-volume, low-error content production that has ranked on page 1 of Google. Ability to shift the “voice” they write with to suit client needs. Creates content that compels users to engage.
- Working knowledge of SEO, Social, Email Marketing. Demonstrates a solid understanding of SEO fundamentals, best practices for major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok), and email marketing (MailChimp, Zoho Campaigns) best practices. Must have real-world professional experience in each of these areas.
- Capable researcher. Able to independently seek out, document, and interpret facts and information in support of marketing or research projects. Some exposure to data analysis tools like AHREFS or Agency Analytics is a plus.
- Has managed content pipelines. Highly capable at content production planning. Familiar with project management software (Basecamp), social media scheduling tools (Buffer), and CMS (WordPress).
- Creative risk-taker. Comes up with new ideas to achieve internal and client-facing marketing objectives. Able to present new ideas eloquently. Takes action on ideas and conducts experiments in a highly communicative way.
- Familiar with accessibility best practices. Long-term success in this position will require a familiarity with WCAG and other accessibility best practices. CPACC or similar certifications are a major plus, but not required.
- Community management experience is a plus. Any experience running Meetup or Facebook groups and building online communities centered around a product would give this position significant upward mobility in our organization as we grow our product offering.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar role and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or four additional years of professional marketing experience in lieu of a degree). Note: this is not a senior-level position.
All applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. Location in the continental United States is preferred, though any candidates located in USA timezones will be considered.
These are the qualities we value in our team:
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to Critique. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position. Salary range of $35k - $55k, depending upon individual experience and skillset. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Paid time off + 10 paid holidays + time off for volunteering and voting.
- Reimbursement for continuing education, training, and certifications.
- Reimbursement for travel and accommodations related to speaking at conferences.
- Coffee break allowance if working in coffee shops.
- Annual bonuses based on company performance.
How To Apply
- Fill out our application form below.
- If we believe you may be a good fit for this position, we’ll contact you for an initial phone interview (accommodations available if a phone interview does not work for your abilities).
- Following the initial interview, selected candidates will be asked to submit several examples of past work for our team to review.
- If your past work examples meet our standards, we will contact you for a second, video interview.
- After contacting references to verify information, we will offer the position to the best candidate.